Bradford Commercial Joint Stock Banking Co Ltd
Bradford Commercial Joint Stock Banking Co Ltd (1833-1904) was a past constituent of NatWest.
This joint stock bank was established in Bradford in 1833 with capital of £1.5m. In 1868 the bank moved from its original location on Market Street to new premises on Bank Street. The bank assumed limited liability, becoming Bradford Commercial Joint Stock Banking Co Ltd, in 1880. It was acquired by Bradford District Bank in 1904, when its paid-up capital was £325,000.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Bradford Commercial Joint Stock Banking Co Ltd have the reference code BRC.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- annual general meetings: notice 1834, minutes 1834-1877
- deeds of covenant and certificates of incorporation 1875, 1880
- directors’ meeting minute books 1885-1904
- amalgamation agreement 1904
- banker’s drafts 1830s-1840s
- weekly returns 1833-1864, 1860-1906
- circular re interest rates 1846
- customer pass books 1865, 1882-1895
Note issue records
- banknotes c.1866-1902
- papers re shareholder dinner 1865
- presscuttings 1871-1875
Summary of archive holdings elsewhere
- West Yorkshire Archive Service: Deed of covenant 1833; legal papers c.1833-1906; certificate of incorporation 1880 (Ref: 10D76/3/box 152)