David Morris & Sons

David Morris & Sons (c.1790-1871), established in Carmarthen, was a past constituent of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.

Brief history

This private bank was established in Carmarthen in about 1790 as Morris & Sons. It was also known as Carmarthen Bank. The bank was called David Morris & Sons by 1846, and was acquired by National Provincial Bank of England in 1868.

Summary of our archive holdings

Our archival records of David Morris & Sons have the reference code MOR.

For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).

  • banknote 1857
  • deposit receipt 1859