RBS Heritage Hub
- Our history: an introduction
- Use our archives
- Issuing banknotes
- Current issue notes
- European Summit, 1992
- Robert Louis Stevenson, 1994
- Alexander Graham Bell, 1997
- Scottish Parliament, 1999
- The Queen Mother, 2000
- Queen Elizabeth II, 2002
- Royal and Ancient Golf Club, 2004
- Royal College of Surgeons, 2005
- Jack Nicklaus, 2005
- RBS Gogarburn, 2005
- The Queen's Diamond Jubilee, 2012
- The Ryder Cup, 2014
- Historic notes
- Reproducing banknotes
- RBS history in 100 objects
Dingley & Co
Dingley & Co (1855-1927), established in Launceston, was a past constituent of NatWest.
This private bank was established in 1855 by Richard Dingley, banker; Edward Pethybridge, banker; George Graham White, solicitor; and John Dingley, solicitor. It was also known as Launceston Bank, and was associated with the separate bank Dingley, Pearse & Co of Okehampton.
By 1922 the bank had branches at Tavistock and Holsworthy and agencies at Stratton, Callington, Camelford, Bude, Calstock, Gunnislake and Kilkhampton. In that year the bank was acquired by National Provincial & Union Bank of England.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Dingley & Co have the reference code DIN.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- cheques and cheque forms 1850s-1922
- securities registers 1871-(1915)
- amalgamation papers 1922, 1927