RBS Heritage Hub
- Our history: an introduction
- Use our archives
- Issuing banknotes
- Current issue notes
- European Summit, 1992
- Robert Louis Stevenson, 1994
- Alexander Graham Bell, 1997
- Scottish Parliament, 1999
- The Queen Mother, 2000
- Queen Elizabeth II, 2002
- Royal and Ancient Golf Club, 2004
- Royal College of Surgeons, 2005
- Jack Nicklaus, 2005
- RBS Gogarburn, 2005
- The Queen's Diamond Jubilee, 2012
- The Ryder Cup, 2014
- Historic notes
- Reproducing banknotes
- RBS history in 100 objects
Frederick Burt & Co Ltd
Frederick Burt & Co Ltd (1872-1907), established in the City of London, was a past constituent of NatWest.
This private bank was established in 1872 by Frederick Burt, a bill broker. Burt was later joined in partnership by his brother, Joseph Burt, and Eugenie Brocherton. The bank specialised in foreign exchange. Originally located in Princes Street, the firm subsequently moved to 71-72 Cornhill, and later to 80 Cornhill.
The firm was acquired by London & County Banking Co in 1907.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Frederick Burt & Co Ltd have the reference code BUR.
- customer reference book 1887-1902