Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Co

Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Co (1737-1891), established in London, was a past constituent of NatWest.

Brief history

This private bank was established in Lombard Street, City of London, in 1737 as Atkins, Honeywood & Fuller. The firm moved to Birchin Lane in c.1754, Cornhill in c.1774 and Moorgate in c.1840s. In 1859 the firm merged with Sapte, Muspratt, Banbury & Co bankers of London, to form Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Mathieson. In 1881 the firm’s title changed to Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Co. In 1891 it was acquired by Parr’s Banking Co Ltd of Warrington.

Detailed list of name changes

  • Atkins, Honeywood & Fuller in 1737
  • Honeywood & Fuller in 1746
  • Honeywood, Fuller & Co in 1754
  • Fuller & Cope in c.1761
  • Fuller, Blake & Halford in c.1770
  • Fuller, Halford & Vaughan in 1774
  • Fuller, Son, Halford & Vaughan in 1778
  • Richard Fuller, Sons & Vaughan in 1781
  • Richard Fuller, George Fuller & Co by 1805
  • Fullers & Co in c.1827
  • Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Mathieson in 1859
  • Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Co in 1881

Published histories

  • F G Hilton Price, A handbook of London Bankers (London: Chatto & Windus, 1876)

Summary of our archive holdings

Our archival records of Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Co have the reference code FUL.

For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).

  • partners’ personal papers 1766-1800, 1851-77
  • customers’ papers 1774-1888
  • assignment of debt 1783
  • staff surety bonds 1803-58
  • indemnities re lost draft 1804-19
  • cheques 1852-94
  • papers re premises 1872-87
  • balance sheet 1895