RBS Heritage Hub
- Our history: an introduction
- Use our archives
- Issuing banknotes
- Current issue notes
- European Summit, 1992
- Robert Louis Stevenson, 1994
- Alexander Graham Bell, 1997
- Scottish Parliament, 1999
- The Queen Mother, 2000
- Queen Elizabeth II, 2002
- Royal and Ancient Golf Club, 2004
- Royal College of Surgeons, 2005
- Jack Nicklaus, 2005
- RBS Gogarburn, 2005
- The Queen's Diamond Jubilee, 2012
- The Ryder Cup, 2014
- Historic notes
- Reproducing banknotes
- RBS history in 100 objects
Gibson, Wilson & Gregson
Gibson, Wilson & Gregson (c.1810-43), established in Kirkby Lonsdale, was a past constituent of NatWest.
This private bank was established by 1810 as Gibson, Moore, Gibson, Pearson & Wilson. It was also known as Lonsdale Bank. In 1843, when styled Gibson, Wilson & Gregson, it was acquired by Lancaster Banking Co.
Detailed list of name changes
- Gibson, Moore, Gibson, Pearson & Wilson by 1810
- Gibson, Gibson, Warwick, Pearson & Wilson in 1825
- Edward Wilson & John Allen in 1829
- Gibson, Gibson & Gregson in the 1830s
- Gibson, Wilson & Gregson in 1843
Also known as Lonsdale Bank.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Gibson, Wilson & Gregson have the reference code GIB.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- banknotes c.1810s-30s
- stock contract notes and receipts 1825-42
- circular re amalgamation 1843