Hulke, Dixon & Co

Hulke & Son (1827-41), established in Deal, was a past constituent of NatWest.

Brief history

This private bank was established as Hulke & Co in 1808, by William Hulke, John Sampson, John Hollams and John Iggulden; it was also known as Deal Naval, Military & Commercial Bank. In 1840, when bankrupt and known as Hulke, Dixon & Co, it was acquired by National Provincial Bank of England of London.