RBS Heritage Hub
- Our history: an introduction
- Use our archives
- Issuing banknotes
- Current issue notes
- European Summit, 1992
- Robert Louis Stevenson, 1994
- Alexander Graham Bell, 1997
- Scottish Parliament, 1999
- The Queen Mother, 2000
- Queen Elizabeth II, 2002
- Royal and Ancient Golf Club, 2004
- Royal College of Surgeons, 2005
- Jack Nicklaus, 2005
- RBS Gogarburn, 2005
- The Queen's Diamond Jubilee, 2012
- The Ryder Cup, 2014
- Historic notes
- Reproducing banknotes
- RBS history in 100 objects
Reeves & Co
Reeves & Co (1812-1825), established in Glastonbury, was a past constituent of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
This private bank was established in 1812 as Lilly, Brown & Co; it was also known as Glastonbury & Shepton Mallet Bank. The partners were John Lilly, Charles Brown, John Fry Reeves and Marshall Williams. The bank opened branches in Wells in 1820 and later in Shepton Mallet. The bank was known as Lilly, Brown & Reeves from 1815 and Reeves & Co by 1829, when the partners were John Fry Reeves and Thomas Porch Porch. It was acquired by Stuckey’s Banking Co of Langport in 1835.
- P T Saunders, Stuckey’s Bank (Taunton: Barnicott & Pearce, 1928)
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Reeves & Co have the reference code REE.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- papers re customer 1825-7
- banknotes 1834
Summary of archive holdings elsewhere
- Somerset Record Office: Assignment of property for debt 1825-8 (Ref: DD/BR/nw 8)