Trapp, Halfhead & Co

Trapp, Halfhead & Co (1829-1849), established in Bedford, was a past constituent of NatWest.

Brief history

This private bank was established in Bedford in 1829 by Joseph Margetts Pierson, banker, and John Trapp, draper, as Pierson & Trapp. It was called Trapp, Halfhead & Co by 1839 and was also known as Bedford & Bedfordshire Bank. The bank was acquired by London & County Banking Co in 1849.

Summary of archive holdings elsewhere