Waldron, Walters & Co

Waldron, Walters & Co (c.1793-1833), established in Frome, was a past constituent of NatWest.

Brief history

This private bank was established in Frome in about 1793 as Shepard, Barton & Middleton; it was also known as Frome & Somersetshire Union Bank. It issued its own banknotes. From 1810 it was known as JD Middleton, later Waldron, Timbrell & Walters, and from 1818 Waldron, Walters & Co. It was acquired by Stuckey’s Banking Co of Langport in 1833.

Published history

  • PT Saunders, Stuckey’s Bank (Taunton: Barnicott & Pearce, 1928)